1. What is a HydraFacial and how do I know if I am a good candidate? HydraFacial is an invigorating treatment that can be given in as little as 30 minutes. It delivers long-term skin health and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of all skin types. It offers instant, noticeable results with no downtime or irritation.
The HydraFacial treatment is designed for all skin types so even the most sensitive skin easily tolerates the HydraFacial treatment. Your physician or skincare professional may choose specific treatment serums and/or customize the treatment for your unique skin conditions and needs. We do recommend that you consult your physician or skincare professional for a skin evaluation and sensitivity test prior to beginning treatment.
2. How is this different from a regular facial?
It is a treatment not just a facial.
Rather than blasting the skin with grit, à la traditional dermabrasion, this gentler approach vacuums out pores while simultaneously pushing in potent actives, which moisturize, brighten, plump, and protect. The machine's handpiece holds patented spiralized treatment tips equipped with "vortex technology" — the whirling force that both giveth and taketh away. Beyond the standard three steps, there are targeted add-ons, or boosters, which take aim at unique skin concerns, like brown spots or nagging lines.
Using mechanical and chemical exfoliation, in 3 steps it exfoliates the skin, extracts the sebum and “gunk” out of pores, and then lastly infuses the skin with a lot of rich antioxidants to help repair and rebuild and protect from free radical damage.
The HydraFacial treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
3. What can I expect from the treatment process? The HydraFacial follows the same steps of a basic medical facial: cleansing and exfoliation, chemical peel, extractions, and infusion of serums. All four steps are administered through various attachments on the HydraFacial device. The suction and movement of the device boosts lymphatic drainage and improves circulation in the skin. These non-invasive treatments are painless and are generally offered in 30, 60, and 90 minute sessions, making them easy to work into any schedule.
After a HydraFacial treatment, you will notice immediate results. Skin will feel smoother, softer, and more hydrated as a result of the exfoliating acids and hydrating ingredients used. You may also notice a slight reduction in puffiness due to the lymphatic drainage. The use of nutrient-rich serums may also temporarily plump up fine lines and wrinkles, lessening their appearance.
Our goal is to help support you in a balanced lifestyle. That’s why HydraFacial is a fast, efficient treatment that takes as little as 30 minutes. Added results and benefits can be seen from regular continued use, we recommend monthly ongoing treatments not just one single treatment.
4. What are the benefits and results to be expected? Many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last 5 to 7 days or even longer. We don’t believe in quick fixes, so one treatment per month is recommended for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots, oily and congested skin. Continued HydraFacial treatments are highly recommended to maintain skin health results.
5. What should I expect as aftercare?
You may put on makeup and return to your normal activities right after the Hydrafacial treatment since there is no downtime. We also suggest using the ZO® Skin Health Getting Skin Ready regimento maintain your results after your treatment. The ZO® Skin Health kit is complete with a gentle cleanser, exfoliating polish and complexion renewal pads and can be found in our Tampa store. Daily sunscreen use, like SkinMedica® Total Defense and Repair, is also a must post treatment. SkinMedica®Total Defense and Repair can be bought through our online store.
6. How often can I get the treatment? Can I come more than monthly? Due to the gentle and hydrating nature of this treatment you can come as often as every two weeks but a minimum of a monthly treatment is recommended.